ColorScheme option for users

Can let user to open a colorScheme/property table to choose which color and which range/break to use to color code features? Or we have to create one from scratch using Visual Studio?

Like this one in QGIS:
Thanks!

MapWindow5 has two options.
One is using a start and end color and the type of the gradient (linear, rectangle or circle):

Or use a pre-defined color scheme:

And those color schemes can be added and altered:

MW5 is handling this in Plugins\MW5.Symbology\Controls\ImageCombo\ColorSchemeCollection.cs

At this moment MapWinGIS has no option to load or save color schemes from/into an XML file.
In MapWinGIS a few color schemes are predefined in src\COM classes\ColorScheme.cpp

If needed you can make a feature request to update MapWinGIS to use XML-files to load and save color schemes. Which also can be used in MW5.
Providing a pull request would even be better :wink:

pmeems,

Thank you so much! How do I use this plugin? Should I build it in a .Net solution to create a dll and reference that? Also, I have to reference the MW5. Should I change the namespace?

This plug-in is part of MW5. I’m not sure how to call it using your own application.

Perhaps it is easier to create a plug-in for MW5 handling your specific workflow than to create a custom application and build everything your self.

We have a template plug-in to get you started. It is available in every major release of MW5.