Slow work highlighting event

Starting with mapwingis 5+, the highlighting event with the cmIdentify cursor began to work slowly. About 2 seconds elapse from the moment you hover over the shape and the beginning of the highlight. when many shapefiles cannot be used this mechanism, everything slows down. In older versions, this worked perfectly.
And another question, when on the screen a lot of shapes, the backlight stops working, maybe there is a property that regulates the maximum amount, but I can not find it, tell me please

Use

Sf.UseQTree = True
        Sf.Selectable = True
        Sf.Identifiable = True

Regards.

unfortunately this will not solve the problem

I recorded a video about different backlight speed, I hope the developers will watch and try to return everything as it was.

Thank you @zontick for sharing the videos.

I’ll try to have a look this weekend to see what’s going on.

Regards,
Jerry

1 Like

I’m reviewing the code and behavior. Could you provide more info regarding your map and identifier settings? For example:

1. are you set to single layer identification mode (vs. all layers)?
  2. have you increased the maximum hot tracking count? (global settings, HotTrackingMaxShapeCount). The default value is 200. I bumped mine up to 3200 to cover all counties in the US, and I can see a lag with this many, but not quite as laggy as you’re seeing. I don’t see any lag when I just use the US states (50 shapes).
  3. how many shapes are in your layer?

There are a number of places in the code that I need to compare for changes, and knowing more information will help me narrow down where to look.

Thank you,
Jerry.

I found a map of the World similar to yours to perform a test. The response is quite reasonable. So there must be some differences, either in our settings or the size of the Shapefile. Perhaps you could upload the Shapefile you are using. I could try running with the same Shapefile and settings. Regards.

1. On the video, a test project in which no settings were changed, all by default.
  2. I did not change this property (but now I know why the shapes were not highlighted when there are a lot of them, thanks for the help)
  3. one layer with 252 shape countries. (In the old version, the backlighting of countries and the backlighting of other layers with thousands of shapes are quickly working for me)
    Thanks for the answer, can I get your test project which is on video with a shapefile? Added a shapefile.shp.zip (3.4 MB)