Class not Registered error

I am trying to go from 32-bit to 64-bit MapWinGIS as part of making our application 64-bit. I am getting the following error: ‘Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))’. I am not able to install the control on the machine this will be running on as we do not have admin privileges. Is there a way to make it load without having to register the control?

Hi,

It may be possible, but it won’t be easy.
I could find this page: vba - Registering .Net COM DLLs without Admin rights / regasm - Stack Overflow

I have not tested and registering MapWinGIS will be much more difficult that in the example they use.

How could you get the 32-bit version registered but the replacement version?

It may be possible that the registration is not the issue. The 32-bit version seems to work without it I think. I am only getting this error since switching to the 64-bit version.

Here’s what I did to solve this issue. I set “Isolated” to True in the references to MapWinGIS and manually copied the DLLs from the MapWinGIS installation to the application directory. This made the application work no matter what version of MapWinGIS was installed.