OCX registration failure for VBA MS Access

Just updated to 5.2.4.0 from 4.9.6.1 as I required the shapefile.selectable function.
The 32 bit version of 4.9.6.1 worked in VBA, VB6 and VB.net (2017) for the last three years.
Thhe32 bit version of 5.2.4.0 OCX is registered and works in VB.net 2017 and with VB6 but not in any VBA applications , in particular MS Access.
The com objects are not registered for MS Access and Excel.

I have tried uninstalling with regsvr32 /u c:\dev\mapwingis\MapWinGIS.ocx (run as administrator)
Re registered with regsvr32 c:\dev\mapwingis\MapWinGIS.ocx and get a reply that the OCX is registered.

Any ideas why the new version is having trouble with the VBA in MS Access?

Hello @IWC and welcome.

Although a number of things have changed in the OCX, the registration itself is still a standard process that should apply equally to all observers.

Perhaps the first thing to try would be to remove the old reference altogether, then add back the reference with the new OCX registered. It might be hanging on to old definitions that are no longer supported.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,
Jerry.

Hi Jerry
Thanks for the quick reply and for all the work you do for this very useful programme.
My system is 64 bit Windows 10 pro and MS office 2016 64 bit.
I had tried removing the old reference and reinstalling the ActiveX but MS Access does not recognise the OCX as being registered.
REGEDIT does show all the classes registered eg. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MAPWINGIS.Map.1
Removed the 32 bit version and installed the 64bit version of 5.2.4 which had to be installed in the same c:\dev\mapwingis folder as no option to install anywhere else.
MSOffice VBA apps now see the OCX and draws the maps but crashes MS access. VB6 and visual studio don’t see the OCX as expected.
I have done a system restore point back to version 4.9.6.1 and all working.

I’ll try and investigate on another machine as this appears to be something to do with the 64 bit office not recognising the 32 bit OCX .
Kind regards
Ian