Help with documentation.sln

I am trying to learn about MapWinGIS and would like to run the demo that is in the documentation directory “MapWinGIS-5.2.4\demo\MapWinGis Documentation.sln”

I have a copy of MapWinGIS.ocx registered and it looks good. However, the startup project “Interop.MapWinGIS” gives many errors (78) when I try to build or rebuild the project/solution. Most are along the lines of:

"The type or namespace name “IDrawingRectangle” does not exist in the namespace ‘MapWinGIS’ (are you missing an assembly reference?). The line in question from DrawRectangle.cs is: public class DrawingRectangle : MapWinGIS.IDrawingRectangle

I’m sure I’m missing an obvious reference in here, but I’m not familiar enough with the overall project to find what’s missing. Can anyone help get this solution to build so I can see a working copy? Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the very late reply.

Most likely you didn’t install the latest version of MapWinGIS. You need that first: Releases · MapWindow/MapWinGIS · GitHub

Next you can run the MapWinGIS.Demo.sln from MapWinGIS/demo at develop · MapWindow/MapWinGIS · GitHub

Do remember this project hasn’t been updated for a while. I just tested it and it does still work with MapWinGIS v5.3