V5.24 32 bit and 64

If I install V5.24, do I need to uninstall 4.93 first? Also, will v5.24 32bit and 64it be installed on the same machine? What’s the benefit? I have an issue with v4.93 (create shapefile) and some one told me it is because of the 32 bit version?

What’s benefit of having both 32 and 64bit installed?

Thanks!
Lang

Hello @lang

1. You should not need to uninstall a prior version in order to install the latest.

2. You cannot have both 32 and 64 bit versions installed at the same time, since they share the same COM GUID’s and registration. If you did install both, then whichever one was installed last would be the one that is effectively installed and registered.

3. I would suggest that whatever issue may have been occurring with the 32-bit version of 4.93 was an issue specific to the 32-bit version 4.93, and not an issue that continues to be specific to the 32-bit version (in other words, it is likely (hopefully) no longer an issue in either the 32 or 64 bit versions).

Typically you would install the 32 or 64 bit version based on the bit-width of the application into which you are loading the OCX, whether it be your own application or something like MS Access.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Jerry.