MW5.6.3 - Compilation error VS2019

Greetings,

A new community member and hopefully contributor in the development sphere. Downloaded
version 5.6.3, however I’m experiencing the difficulty in compiling MapWindow from the VS2019
environment. Configuration Manager is set to target x86 environment.

This is the screenshot:

Can you give me some hint what I should do or perform with this exception, much appreciated.

Hello @bet, and welcome.

As you may know, this project consists of an OCX (the map control) and MapWindow5, which is a c# application that uses the OCX.

I work with the OCX, not MapWindow, so I can’t offer much help, but I looked up the GUID of the missing component, and it is from the OCX (MapWinGIS.GlobalSettings). So I wonder if you have installed/registered the OCX on your development machine, so that MapWindow build can find the references?

Regards,
Jerry.

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the reply first and second is that I used OCX from the installer and registered it with SysWOW/regsvr32 or 32bit version of that program and still the same… Obviously it’s a conflict between 32 and 64bit translation yet I’ve done with regsvr32 all I can

UPDATE: Solved IT.

The issue in the 32bit version of MW5.6.3 is in inability to register properly MapWinGIS.ocx even though regsvr32 notifies you with the success message.

Solution: Copy complete MapWinGIS.OCX component alongside all other files (folder MapWinGIS) directly to SysWOW64 and then run regsvr32. Compile and run.

Cheers.