New here: A sample mdb (access) with MapWindow GIS

Hello folks
I am new around. Just today learned about MapWindows GIS.
I am developing some solutions with MS Access, using Google Maps as the main mapping system. And as you undestand, it is not an easy task.

So I was wantering is there any documentation specially for Ms Access VBA or perhaps a working sample, that will help me starting learing about all this new world ?

Wish to all of you and all the people in the world to be happy and HEALTHY !!!

Thank you

Hello @Pleasure, and welcome.

There have been some developers that have asked questions related to MS Access, but there are no specific examples within our documentation. For the most part, it will follow ActiveX/COM rules.

The one thing I recall that some users have run into is that they could not ‘piggy-back’ multiple function calls on one line. In other words, when using the full-blown VB.NET, you can write a line something like

Dim tp As tkTileProvider = AxMap1.Tiles.Provider

whereas in MS Access VBA, you might have to split it into multiple lines, as follows:

Dim t As Tiles = AxMap1.Tiles
Dim tp As tkTileProvider = t.Provider

If you run into specific issues as you go, please let us know, and we’ll try to help.

Regards,
Jerry.

Thanks a lot for your reply.
I have seen some people here asking about Ms access integration with specific questions.
I believe that someone from here will be able to provide a sample for the common help of all of the newbies like myself

Thank you !!!