OpenstreetMaps and OpenHumanitarianMap loading very slow

Hi,

I have installed the latest version of 5.1.1.1 and observed the loading of OpenStreetMaps and OpenHumanitarianMap are loading very slow comparatively with 4.9.6.1. Could you please suggest if any changes required to load openstreetmaps.

Thank you

Regards,
P. Ramakrishna

Hello @ramkiponnam

Although I can’t say for sure what you’re experiencing, there have been changes to the image loading. See MWGIS-5, switching to the cURL library for HTTPS support. However, since then, I also discovered an issue with the threading of the tile loading, although that fix is not yet in a Release build; it is only in the ‘develop’ build.

If you would like, you can try the latest ‘develop’ build (v5.1.2), which is available on Paul Meems Google drive (there is also a link on the blue banner at the top of this screen). See if that makes a difference.

Beyond that, you can review your cache settings, and the GlobalSettings.TilesThreadPoolSize.

Let us know if any of this helps.

Regards,
Jerry.

1 Like

Thank you @jerryfaust. I have installed and identified as MapWinGIS(Ver: 5.1.2) loading of openstreetmaps are fast. Result are same as Ver 4.9.6.1.

Thanks for your quick support.

Regards,
Ramakrishna

Excellent. Thank you for reporting back.

Regards.

Hi Jerry
Do you have any estimated date for the next release that will include this improvement?

I just published a new release candidate: https://github.com/MapWindow/MapWinGIS/releases/tag/v5.2.1
Can you confirm your reported problem is solved now?

Yes, loading speed come back to normal
thank you !

Thank you for the confirmantion.
I’ll close this post now.