How to deploy C# mapwinGIS application with shapefiles on another computer

1. I have built a mapwinGIS app in C# with shapefiles. When deployed on another computer, Shapefiles don’t show on the Map Control… Why?

2. Were to store the Shapefiles in the Visual Studio Project, and what filepath to use so that links are retained when application is launched on the other computer?

However, I do not intent to display the picture in the Map Control. I have a new Form to display the SQL DB image in the PictureBox.

Jerry, I know you’ve been very busy. Is there anyone else can be of help here?
Thank you in advance

How are you deploying the application? Are you using the Visual Studio installer script or the INNOSetup script which we are using for the installers of MapWinGIS and MapWindow5?

I’m not familiar with the VS installer, but for MapWindow5 we use a INNOSetup script that asks the user for the location of where to copy the sample data.

Will that help?

Not much help there, Paul. I’m using either OneClick or SetUp Project in Visual Studio. How do I incorporate INNOSetup script in my my Visual Studio Project, which already has SQL database incorporated, publish the application and deploy on client’s machine? I read somewhere about installing MapWindow5 on clients machine, will my application containing MapControl then work on the other computer? Is that what you mean by INNOSetup script?
Thanks

Hi, @pmeems I’ve done some research, and I think I’m beginning to understand what you meant about the INNOSetup script. I’ve just installed INNOSetup and I will check out the script you mentioned. I will let you know how far it goes.
Thanks for your help.
Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 29 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.