New version of MW5

I am proud to announce we just released MapWindow5 v5.5 at https://github.com/MapWindow/MapWindow5/releases/tag/v5.5

22 issues have been resolved and the new MapWinGIS v5.1.0 (Released November 25, 2019) has been included.
Both MW5 as MapWinGIS are now compiled using VS2017.
Release notes can also be found at https://mapwindow.atlassian.net/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10002&version=10601

Questions about MapWindow can be asked at o
Most issues are related to plug-ins. It is now even easier to create a plug-in.
Don’t forget to use the updated template plug-in (also available at the release page).

1 Like

Hi pmeems,

This is good news. I had problem compile the older version. Just want you to know that the link to Release notes is not working: returns error.
I tried this new one. Have an issue with:
_DMapEvents_BeforeVertexDigitizedEvent,

|Error|CS0246|The type or namespace name ‘_DMapEvents_BeforeVertexDigitizedEvent’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)|MW5.Api|D:\Dev\MapWindow5-5.5\src\MW5.Api\Events\BeforeVertexDigitizedEventArgs.cs|13|Active|

pmmems,

Will you guide me on how to compile this MapWindow5 v5.5 source code? I am using VS 2017, but encounter many issues when I try to build the solution. A simple step by step instruction will be very helpful.

Thank you!

I’ve updated the link to the release notes, thanks for catching that.

When you want to compile MW5 yourself, you first need to install the latest version of MWGis.
In the new version BeforeVertexDigitizedEventArgs should be available.

That should be enough to compile MW5 yourself.
Do you have special reasons to compile yourself? You know you can create plug-ins to add custom functionality without altering the code of MW5?

Hi pmeems,

Thank you for the guidance. After I installed the latest version of MWGIS, when try to build MW5, I still get bunch of these:

ANd:

Did you install the 32-bit version of MapWinGIS?
Visual Studio can’t handle 64-bit ActiveX controls.

Yes. I think the medata file error caused by other issues like the following. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error CS1061 ‘ShapeEditor’ does not contain a definition for ‘AddPoint’ and no accessible extension method ‘AddPoint’ accepting a first argument of type ‘ShapeEditor’ could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) MW5.Api D:\Dev\MapWindow5-5.5\src\MW5.Api\Concrete\GeometryEditor.cs 243 Active
Error CS1061 ‘AxMap’ does not contain a definition for ‘ReloadOgrLayerFromSource’ and no accessible extension method ‘ReloadOgrLayerFromSource’ accepting a first argument of type ‘AxMap’ could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) MW5.Api D:\Dev\MapWindow5-5.5\src\MW5.Api\Concrete\Layer.cs 269 Active
Error CS1061 ‘AxMap’ does not contain a definition for ‘RestartBackgroundLoading’ and no accessible extension method ‘RestartBackgroundLoading’ accepting a first argument of type ‘AxMap’ could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) MW5.Api D:\Dev\MapWindow5-5.5\src\MW5.Api\Concrete\Layer.cs 274 Active

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error CS1061 ‘AxMap’ does not contain a definition for ‘StartNewBoundShape’ and no accessible extension method ‘StartNewBoundShape’ accepting a first argument of type ‘AxMap’ could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) MW5.Api D:\Dev\MapWindow5-5.5\src\MW5.Api\Map\BoundMapControl.cs 120 Active
Error CS1061 ‘AxMap’ does not contain a definition for ‘StartNewBoundShapeEx’ and no accessible extension method ‘StartNewBoundShapeEx’ accepting a first argument of type ‘AxMap’ could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) MW5.Api D:\Dev\MapWindow5-5.5\src\MW5.Api\Map\BoundMapControl.cs 125 Active
Error CS1061 ‘GdalUtils’ does not contain a definition for ‘GdalRasterWarp’ and no accessible extension method ‘GdalRasterWarp’ accepting a first argument of type ‘GdalUtils’ could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) MW5.Api D:\Dev\MapWindow5-5.5\src\MW5.Api\Static\GdalUtils.cs 110 Active
Error CS1061 ‘GlobalSettings’ does not contain a definition for ‘SetHttpUserAgent’ and no accessible extension method ‘SetHttpUserAgent’ accepting a first argument of type ‘GlobalSettings’ could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) MW5.Api D:\Dev\MapWindow5-5.5\src\MW5.Api\Static\MapConfig.cs 21 Active
Error Couldn’t process file Controls\NetColorPicker.resx due to its being in the Internet or Restricted zone or having the mark of the web on the file. Remove the mark of the web if you want to process these files. MW5.UI
Error Couldn’t process file Forms\ProjectionManagerForm.resx due to its being in the Internet or Restricted zone or having the mark of the web on the file. Remove the mark of the web if you want to process these files. MW5.Projections
Error Couldn’t process file Forms\ChooseProjectionForm.resx due to its being in the Internet or Restricted zone or having the mark of the web on the file. Remove the mark of the web if you want to process these files. MW5.Projections
Error Couldn’t process file Toolbox\ToolboxDockPanel.resx due to its being in the Internet or Restricted zone or having the mark of the web on the file. Remove the mark of the web if you want to process these files. MW5.Tools
Error Couldn’t process file Views\DatabaseLayersView.resx due to its being in the Internet or Restricted zone or having the mark of the web on the file. Remove the mark of the web if you want to process these files. MW5.Data
Error Couldn’t process file Views\DriversView.resx due to its being in the Internet or Restricted zone or having the mark of the web on the file. Remove the mark of the web if you want to process these files. MW5.Data
Error Couldn’t process file Views\AttributeExplorerView.resx due to its being in the Internet or Restricted zone or having the mark of the web on the file. Remove the mark of the web if you want to process these files. MW5.Attributes
Error Couldn’t process file Views\DebugDockView.resx due to its being in the Internet or Restricted zone or having the mark of the web on the file. Remove the mark of the web if you want to process these files. MW5.DebugWindow

Sorry for the late reply.

Can you check the version of the OCX? Did you register the latest OCX?
It looks like an older version is referenced instead of the latest one.

This warning is also strange:

Could you try to remove the mark?